The Building Public Trust Awards are made up of six categories listed below. The awarding panel is made up of market professionals, who consider a range of nominations from across the market.
- Consumer Inclusivity Initiative – This award will be given to an insurance or financial services business that is able to demonstrate progress towards an inclusive ‘whole customer’ approach, encouraging consumers to consider how life events can impact their financial resilience.
- Building Public Trust Consumer Champion Award – This award will be given to an individual insurance or financial services professional who has shown consistent commitment to educating consumers about insurance and financial planning matters.
- Building Public Trust in Insurance Award – This award will be presented to an insurance professional who has taken action to increase trust in the profession.
- Building Public Trust in Life, Pensions & Long-Term Savings Award – This award will be presented to an individual working in financial services who has taken action that resulted in increased trust in the profession.
- Building Public Trust Consumer Marketing & Awareness Award – This award will be given to an insurance or finance services company for PR and marketing activity that educated and encouraged consumers to take action to improve their financial resilience.
- Talent Attraction Initiative of the Year Award – This award recognises an individual or organisation for their work in attracting to the profession and retaining talented people.
Awarded in line with the Public Trust Awards are two of the CII’s most significant honours – Honorary Fellowship and the President’s Award, which recognise outstanding contributions to the insurance and personal finance profession:
- Honorary Fellowship: non-members of the CII and PFS
- President’s Award: members of the CII and PFS